Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Painted Lady


"The world is divided into two kinds of people: those who have tattoos, and those who are afraid of people with tattoos." ~Author Unknown


I'm not one of those people who claim my tattoos have some profound meaning behind them or interesting story of sorts. I keep things simple. I like them for the art, for the cosmetics of it. Some of my tattoos have a bit of symbolism, some are just things that intrigue and interest me, and some are just for kicks.


I get a lot of judgemental stares and preconceived notions of they "type" of person I am, or mother I must be, due to my tattoos, but I love them just the same.

People have this misconstrued view of people who are heavily tattooed, women with a lot of tattoo coverage seem to get it worse. I'm not sure why that is, ok, well, maybe I have an idea of why that is but I think it's not good enough reasoning. (shame on you!)

"Tattoo. What a loaded word it is, rife with associations to goons, goofs, bikers, tribal warriors, carnival artists, drunken sailors and floozies." ~Jon Anderson, "Epidermal Dalis," Chicago Tribune, 6 October 1994

Anyways, back to my babbling...
Moral of the story, I love my tattoos, I love the way they look, how they make me feel.
I couldn't imagine myself without them.


"Tattooing is about personalizing the body, making it a true home and fit temple for the spirit that dwells inside it." ~MICHELLE DELIO, Tattoo: The Exotic Art of Skin Decoration

3 comments:

  1. Although I would never get a tattoo I can Highly appreciate the art of them. Truly amazing works can be achieved when done well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tattoo'd my gamer tag on my chest. Not even kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Badass. I'm planning on starting my chest very soon.

    ReplyDelete